Baked Vegetable Chips
Makes about 5 quarts of chips
These are fun to make and can either be baked or dehydrated at 104 degrees
in a dehydrator for about 4 hours or until crisp for a raw vegetable snack.
1 purple sweet potatoes (if available )
1 white yam if available
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. With a mandoline, vegetable slicer or a sharp knife , slice the vegetables 1/16 of an inch thick or about the thickness of manilla folder.
3. Coat 2 pieces of parchment paper generously with olive oil and place the paper on 2 cookie sheets or trays.
4. Layout the slices of vegetables on the sheet trays making sure vegetables have plenty of room to roast. I roast the beets separately if I use them giving them about ½ a tray of space, so they do not bleed onto the other roots.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the chips are firm and lightly brown.
6. Sprinkle the chips with salt before cooling.
Eat with your favorite dip such as Beet Hummus ( find it here or as a snack!
TIP: To make your chips crispier, toss them with an additional tablespoon of olive or avocado oil.